Many times when the job is done, the mistakes immediately become obvious. Here are 10 common mistakes made when remodeling the kitchen:
Kitchen Remodeling Mistakes
1. Placing appliances on the opposite side of the kitchen.
2. Placing the refrigerator or freezer next to a wall so the doors would not open fully.
3. Placing the ice maker or under-counter beverage refrigerator within the kitchen triangle.
4. Placing the microwave too high. (Pay attention to the height specified for the microwave. It might be difficult to read the controls on a microwave below the counter , and bending over to read it would certainly be difficult for seniors. A microwave placed too high may pose a danger when removing hot items from within.)
5. Placing the faucet too low.
6. Positioning appliances where the doors will collide if both are open at the same time.
7. Storing heavy items (pots, pans, or dishes) in very wide , deep drawer. (The weight would strain the drawer glides and eventually cause it to malfunction. It would be better to use two medium-sized drawers rather than one extremely large one.
8. Reserving a space too small for a dishwasher. (Check the standard size of appliances before building cabinet space, especially if the space will be converted to hold an appliance later).
9. Using light -coloured grout on floors. (The floors usually end up looking dingy over time)
10. Building deep cabinet spaces to hold more things. (In the end it is difficult to reach).