Steps: How to Budget For Food
The Nutritive Needs
Allocate a Total Cost to Food
Selecting Nutritive Foods
1. Standardize the meals to be served.
2. Each meal should have at least one hot dish.
3. Carbohydrate foods of same colour and texture should be serve one at a time, not together.
4. Carefully plan food combinations.
5. Plan your meal one day at a time or week at a time.
As you can see drawing up a simple food budget can be tedious, but once the basics are done, drawing up your grocery list can be quite easy. Why don’t you try it with your next budget!