As a variation to the Trini Lasagna recipe I did some posts ago, we decided to try out some lasagna rolls Trinistyle. These Trini lasagna rolls tasted just as well and you didn't have to worry about eating too much. They were already portioned in these neat rolls that you just serve, after it is cooled of course. They were very filling. After two lasagna rolls and a glass of beastly cold peanut punch I was good to go.
Lasagna Rolls Add to A Meal
This lasagna roll recipe, in my opinion, could be ideal to get everyone busy in the kitchen. You could set up a little assembly line: when one spreads the white sauce, the other puts the meat then another the cheese and lastly daddy could do the rolling: What a fantastic meal for the family to get involved.
Anyhow, I must say that this seems to be a habit, but after having this lasagna roll I just have to try another variation: this time I will open it up for my readers. If you have a idea for another variation of the good ole Lasagna recipe why not drop me an email or comment.
So once again I present to you a simple trini recipe from my kitchen to yours. Here's Lasagna Rolls. Enjoy!
Trini Lasagna Rolls Recipe
1 pound minced beef, seasoned
8 lasagna pasta
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1½ pounds cheddar cheese, grated
1 small onion, finely chopped
2½ cups milk
2½ tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons flour
pepper to taste
1 tomato, chopped
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon salt
1 pimento, chopped
Boil the lasagna sheets in water until it is cooked. Then set it aside.
Cook the meat adding the tomatoes, garlic, onion, pimento, tomato paste, pepper to taste and salt.
Make the White Sauce. Over a low flame, melt the butter, stir in the flour, and add the milk and black pepper. Mix, preferably with a fork to ensure that the flour don't lump together. Continue to boil until the milk gets thick. Remove immediately from the flame.
Place a layer of white sauce on a lasagna.
then add a layer of meat.
and top with cheese.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, Cover the top with foil and bake for 20 minutes then remove the foil and bake for 10 minutes longer or until the cheese looks golden.
More recipes to come. Ah gone!
Don't forget to leave your comments on this Trini lasagna rolls recipe.
Trini Lasagna Rolls
- 1 lb minced beef seasoned
- 8 lasagna pasta
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 ½ lb. cheddar cheese grated
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 ½ cups low fat milk
- 2 ½ tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp. flour
- pepper to taste
- 1 to mato chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt optional
- 1 pimento chopped
- Boil the lasagna and set aside.
- Cook the meat adding the tomatoes, garlic, onion, pimento, tomato paste, pepper to taste and salt.
- Make the White Sauce: Over a low flame, melt the butter, stir in the flour, and add the milk and black pepper.
- Mix, preferably with a fork to ensure that the flour don't lump together. Continue to boil until the milk gets thick. Remove immediately from the flame.
- Place a layer of white sauce on a lasagna. Then add a layer of meat and top with cheese. Now roll the lasagna and place it seam side down in a greased baking dish. (The one we used was 12 x 8 x 2 inches). Sprinkle with cheese.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cover the top with foil and bake for 20 minutes then remove the foil and bake for10 minutes longer or until the cheese looks golden.