My wife found a half pack of chocolate sprinkles in the refrigerator one morning. She was about to make banana bread with some overripe bananas and thought that a mix of chocolate and banana for a chocolate banana bread would be extra tasty. There is something about chocolate that takes a simple dessert and makes it extraordinary. This dessert would hardly need any raisins.
Incidentally, I must say the pairing of chocolate sprinkles and almonds go well together for this quick banana bread. The almonds gave the you a nice crunch in the bread, which the soft sweetness of raisins can't do .
You can also get that additional crunch from walnuts, pecans or even peanuts. The result is always delicious and chocolatey, and when it's that scrumptious it should always be shared. I have always believed that if you don't share you wouldn't receive.
But when you are sharing, you must consider that every ones' tastes differ when it comes to chocolate. Some people love chocolate more than anything. These people would appreciate more chocolate than the sprinkles alone. They would really want a darker, more chocolatey banana bread. I would never discourage you from enjoying your chocolate desserts that way.
The more chocolate the better lol. If you want you can add some chocolate powder , chocolate chips or even a bit of melted semi-sweet chocolate to your chocolate banana bread recipe (I will explain how to do this later). The stratosphere is the limit when it comes to cooking. I've gone past the sky long ago.
For, there are no limits to cooking, that is why this month is important to us. December has always been my favourite month. I play lots of Parang music, cook a lot and try my best to bring a sense of joy to everyone around me.
It's what I believe Christmas should really be about. No need to be buying a ton load of "Christmas lights" or plastic Christmas trees. Just make sure you make your black cake, ponche de creme, bake yuh ham and have a few drinks in your fridge lol :).
Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
So this Christmas see how you can give back to your community and don't look for anything in return. You would still be blessed I assure you. So, here's our chocolatey chocolate banana bread; one of the many recipes we're sharing in this auspicious time of giving. Enjoy.
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
1½ cups sifted flour
½ cups wholewheat flour
⅔ cups brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
1 cup almond nuts, walnuts, pecans or peanuts, chopped
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp. vanilla essence
¾ cups mashed banana
1 tsp. ginger powder
2 tbsp. evaporated milk or low fat milk
⅓ cup oil
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. grated nutmeg
½-3/4 cup cocoa powder, chocolate chips or chocolate sprinkles
Combine the eggs, milk and, oil. (If you are using cocoa powder) Add the cocoa powder oil. Set aside.
Note: If you want your banana bread with more chocolate, you may add the chocolate chips or melted semi-sweet chocolate now. Just melt the chocolate in a double boiler and let it cool before you add it to the flour).
Place in a preheated oven and bake at 350° F for about 30 minutes or until it is brown.
Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1½ cups sifted flour
- ½ cups wholewheat flour
- ⅔ cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup almond nuts walnuts, pecans or peanuts, chopped
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- ¾ cups mashed banana
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- 2 tbsp. evaporated milk or low fat milk
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. grated nutmeg
- ½-3/4 cup cocoa powder chocolate chips or chocolate sprinkles
- Beat the eggs with the vanilla.
- Combine the eggs, milk and, oil. (If you are using cocoa powder) Add the cocoa powder oil. Set aside.
- Mash the bananas with a fork until smooth.
- Add the mash bananas to the egg, oil, and milk mixture.
- Blend well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Add the sugar.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and blend well.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour and mix well.
- Note: If you want your banana bread with more chocolate, you may add the chocolate chips or melted semi-sweet chocolate now. Just melt the chocolate in a double boiler and let it cool before you add it to the flour).
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake at 350° F for about 30 minutes or until it is brown.
Have a good day. More recipes to come as usual. Somehow right now I have a sudden feeling for mushrooms lol.
Ah gone 🙂