A! - An expression of exasperation or indignation.
A-A - Expression denoting surprise, indignation, said quickly or very slowly for effect.
Ah - I, also A, as in A tree, A house. Usage:
- Ah Chut !- Expressing annoyance, being vex , e.g. " Ah chut nah , man "
- Ah eh able- (I am not able), I cannot keep up with you
- Ah fine so- (I find so) I agree
- Ah ton load- A large amount of anything
- Ah-ha! - Caught you
- Ah neva see moe- Exclamation of surprise
- Ah Paya! - an exclamation of wonder or disbelief
Aiyo - Gone. kite buss way an
Aks (or Ax)- Ask
All - Usage:
- All fall dong- (Down) complete collapse of any arrangement
- All now so - Around the same time, e.g. Tomorrow all now so ah will be gone.
- All yuh- All of you
Aloo - Potato
All Foes (All Fours) - A popular card game in Trinidad and Tobago. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Fours
An - And, e.g. An yuh swallow dat? - And you believe that?
At All - Not at all, e.g. Ah cyah see him pass de exam at all, at all (saying things double for emphasis)
Awa - Or what. Used at the end of a sentence for emphasis e.g. "yuh want some sorrel awa?" Do you want some sorrel?
Aye-Yah-Yaye - An expression of anticipation or pain.(ouch!)
Leave a Reply