Beef! How many ways shall I cook thee! I can stew you, bake you, or grill you, but today I'm going to curry you with potatoes. Haha!! Curry beef with potatoes is such a versatile dish. It goes great with rice, paratha roti or dhal puri roti, and it is simple to prepare.
Curry Beef and ...
Now, if you have this with roti, this is where it can become very interesting. I always enjoy adding curry bodi, pumpkin, fry ochro, and dasheen bush bhaji as a side to the roti. In the end, you are completely satisfied for the next four hours, especially with a cold glass of mauby.
You can also pressure cook the beef before you start to curry it. You'll have nice tender beef and shorten your cooking time.
Rice and Curry Beef with Potatoes Recipes
RICE AND CURRY BEEF WITH POTATOES
1 lb beef, cubed
1 medium potato, peeled and diced
1 small onion, chopped
5 leaves chadon beni, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 ½ tbsp. curry powder (divided)
1 tsp. geera powder
½ tbsp. saffron powder
2 tbsp. oil
salt to taste
pepper to taste
Boil about 1 ½ cups of rice; drain and set aside.
for about 1 minute or until golden brown.
Be sure to add water often to prevent burning.
That's it; simple and easy. See you around. Ah gone! 🙂
Don't forget to leave your comment for this rice and curry beef with potatoes in the comment box below.
Curry Beef with Potatoes
- 1 lb beef cubed
- 1 medium potato peeled and diced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 5 leaves chadon beni chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp. curry powder divided
- 1 tsp. geera powder
- ½ tbsp. saffron powder turmeric
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Salt to taste optional
- Pepper to taste optional
- In a bowl add the beef, onion, garlic, chadon beni, a little salt and ½ tbsp. curry powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Allow the beef to be evenly coated with the curry. In a cup, add 1 tbsp. curry powder ½ tbsp saffron powder and 1 tsp. geera powder add a little water, stir and set aside.
- Heat oil over a medium flame and saute the onion and garlic for about 1 minute or until golden brown. Stir the curry powder mix and pour into the pot. Allow to cook for about 1 minute then add the beef and mix thoroughly in the curry.
- Let the beef simmer for five minutes while constantly turning. Then you add enough water to cover the beef. Allow to cook for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and continue cooking until the beef and potatoes are cooked. (Be sure to add water often to prevent burning).