These raisin almond muffins were a blast. Yeah, all natural goodness no preservatives and I actually saved a trip to the bakery. So, if you're ready for an adventure read on...
Whenever we make almond milk at home we always have a few cups of leftover almond meal remaining. Being the ones who like to re-purpose instead of throwing away, we have been using the leftover almond meal in our cooking at home. Some of the recipes have been successful while others have been a work in progress. Delicious and creative works in progress I might add lol 🙂
Almond Muffins from Almond Meal
The almond meal can be used in cakes and breads to add extra fiber to the baked goods. Almond meal also adds a nutty taste to the baked goods. With the latest leftover almond meal we decided to make some muffins, raisin almond muffins. This almond muffin recipe is very simple to make and will be ready in as little as 25 minutes; OK (30 minutes) I'll give it five minutes to cool before enjoying it.
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup butter, melted
1 cup almond meal
2 eggs, beaten
⅓ cup milk ( 2tbsp condensed milk add water to make ⅓ cup)
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
2 cups flour, all purpose
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 cup raisins
flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
This recipe will yield 12 muffins.
So there you have it; a simple almond raisin muffin done Trini style. I do hope that you enjoyed reading this recipe. If you did why not leave a comment below. As a further note these raisin almond muffins went well with our freshly made glass of almond milk.
Ah gone 🙂
Raisin Almond Muffins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 eggs beaten
- ⅓ cup milk 2tbsp condensed milk add water to make ⅓ cup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups flour all purpose
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 cup raisins
- Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add almond meal. Mix together. Set aside.
- Melt the butter. Allow to cool.
- Blend the eggs and vanilla together.
- Combine sugar, butter, milk, eggs and vanilla essence.
- Add the flour into the liquid mixture to form a smooth batter.
- Fold in raisins.
- Spoon in batter into 12 paper cups. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Bake 20 – 25 minutes. Serve cool.