Today I have a very versatile, but simple Pineapple and Sausage Skewers recipe. These skewers could be grilled, baked or served as is without any further treatment with heat. But for today, I'll show you baked, although I would really like to do some of these grilled with chadon beni butter sometime. Oh! I could taste this right now!
When I first had this I said to myself what a wonderful combination. The sweet from the pineapple plus the smoky flavour from the sausages are a unique marriage of flavours. Of course my mind was going at 90 with the different spins I could put on this easy hors d' oeuvre.
Pineapple and Sausage Skewers Variations
Here are a few of my ideas for variations:
- Make it spicy. Use pineapple chow chunks with a spicy Kielbasa, franks or other sausage.
- Add another fruit like mango or apple.
- Use another meat, chicken, pork, lamb or a barbecued meatball.
- Why not sprinkle some parmesan cheese and bake it.
- Try seafood like shrimp, prawns... you name it.
- Make it vegetarian...try some soya chunks or tofu.
Anyhow, I'll be short and get on with the skewers since the recipe speaks for itself. If you have any other variation feel free to leave a comment. Here's pineapple and sausage skewers.
Pineapple and Sausage Skewers Recipe
PINEAPPLE AND SAUSAGE SKEWERS
1 20 oz tin pineapple chunks in heavy syrup
1 pack of deli sausages 380g
1 pack of short skewers
2 teaspoon cornstarch
Yield: 13 skewers
Boil the sausage let cool and cut into ½ " pieces.
Drain the pineapple chunks reserving the juice.
Alternate the sausage and pineapple chunks.
Arrange in a baking pan and pour the juice.
Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Pour out the juice from the pan add the cornstarch and reduce to a syrup.
Pour the syrup over skewers.
Voila! Pineapple and sausage skewers. Enjoy.
Pineapple and Sausage Skewers
- 1 20 oz tin pineapple chunks in heavy syrup
- 1 pack of deli sausages 380g
- 1 pack of short skewers
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Boil the sausage let cool and cut into ½ ” pieces.
- Drain the pineapple chunks reserving the juice.
- Alternate the sausage and pineapple chunks.
- Arrange in a baking pan and pour the juice.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F
- Pour out the juice from the pan add the cornstarch and reduce to a syrup.
- Pour the syrup over skewers.
So I hope you've enjoyed this simple recipe more still to come. Coming up next....A new twist to an old recipe that's gonna make you go for seconds or thirds...did anyone say fourths?
Before you go, do leave a comment to my pineapple and sausage skewers recipe.