If I could really share a piece of this coconut cheesecake with you I would. But then with so many thousands of you visiting each day , I certainly wouldn't have any leftover for me lol 🙂 However, you will have to make it yourself and discover how delicious and creamy this coconut cheesecake really is. It is a joy to make, to share, and to eat with the family. Everyone was all smiles as they savoured every creamy, "coconutty" morsel. It is no wonder, because everyone in my family really love the taste of coconut.
It is all about the coconut
For simplicity sake the best description for this coconut cheesecake is simply "COCONUTTY". You see, coconut in one form or another is used. There is not only coconut in the filling, but it's in the crust and topping (frosting) as well.
The main ingredient in the frosting is coconut cream and coconut flakes the filling is is also crammed with coconut cream. There is added coconut essence in the crust for the cheesecake. However, I also believe you can use coconut biscuits for the crust for an added oomph if you choose.
Now you won't have to make your own coconut cream like back in the day because beside being hard work it takes too long to make. I found a tin of coconut cream in the supermarket that could be a good enough substitute for homemade coconut cream.
Of course if you want to make your coconut cream from fresh coconut milk you can go ahead and do that. You can also make the coconut cream from coconut milk in the tin. Let the milk settle overnight in the fridge and just skim off the cream that floats to the top. That will work as well, but you may have to buy a number of tins of coconut milk to do that.
You might find a tin of coconut cream in your nearest supermarket. This brand was available so I tried it. I used it in both the filling and the frosting. You would not be disappointed.
The Coconut Cheesecake Recipe
So here it is. A simple no-bake coconut cheesecake recipe for you to enjoy!
2 cups digestive biscuits, finely crushed
½ cup butter, softened
½ tsp. nutmeg
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ - 1 tsp. coconut essence
333 g (12 ounces) cream cheese
15 ml (1 tbsp) gelatine
¼ cup lemon juice
355 ml (15 ounces) coconut cream
⅓ cup condensed milk
¼ cup very fine sugar
1 cup dessicated or shredded coconut
Coconut Cream cheese frosting
Mix together with coconut essence, softened butter, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Press the crushed biscuit into an 8" pie tin.
Mix the coconut cream and condensed milk. Set aside.sugar with mixer or spatula...
Time to melt the gelatine. Place the gelatine in the lemon juice.
Mix well until no lumps are visible.
...and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
Finally, decorate top with desiccated coconut.
I do hope you liked my coconut cheesecake recipe, it took a lot of hard work to get it right.
Ah gone 🙂
- Crumb crust:
- 2 cups digestive biscuits finely crushed
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ – 1 tsp. coconut essence
- 333 g 12 ounces cream cheese
- 15 ml 1 tbsp gelatine
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 355 ml 15 ounces coconut cream
- ⅓ cup condensed milk
- ¼ cup very fine sugar
- 1 cup desiccated or shredded coconut
- Coconut Cream cheese frosting
- Crush or place the biscuit in a food processor to grind smoothly.
- Mix together with coconut essence, softened butter, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Press the crushed biscuit into an 8″ pie tin.
- Mix the coconut cream and condensed milk. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer or spatula for about 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Time to melt the gelatine. Place the gelatine in the lemon juice.
- Mix to soften then dissolve by heating over hot water or in a microwave.
- Note: I prefer heating over hot water. It melts it easily and you don’t have to worry if it will dry up in the microwave.
- Add the melted gelatine to the cream cheese. Mix well.
- Beat together coconut cream mixture, essence and cream cheese mixture.
- Mix well until no lumps are visible.
- Pour mixture into the pie crust and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- When set enough, top with coconut cream cheese frosting.
- Spread evenly.
- Finally, decorate top with desiccated coconut.