Mmmm...The aroma of these chocolate cookies wafted from the kitchen and filled the entire dining room. To my surprise, a few hours after, it still lingered all the way to the back rooms of the house. What a lovely aroma. My wife for a while wanted to do a really chocolatey cookie. And, not just chocolate but adding a bit of cocoa in the mix as well. In the end she came up with this scrumptious, delectable, and mouthwatering chocolate delight for you all. But, before we get to the cookie let me fill you in on what's been happening in the background since we last posted. And yuh know I just love to talk too lol. 🙂
The site has been making some strides online as well as offline. In November this year we decided to showcase to the wider public what we've been doing all these years. So we had some of our baked goodies on sale at an Artisan Fair. The idea was to just show the type of recipes we have online for your viewing and cooking pleasure. We did more baked goods though like cassava pone, traditional sweet bread, coconut banana bread, quick cheese bread and of course sugarless fruitcake.
All in all, the response was favourable and in the end we were asked to take some orders; something I wasn't expecting. Everyone who tasted the Sugarless Fruitcake was blown away and were surprised that the cake didn't have any sugar, yet it was still sweet and dark like a fruitcake. And, even diabetics were interested in it. I guess you will never know unless you make the effort to get out there and showcase your work lol.
Now that the orders have been filled, mostly, I can get back to posting. But Christmas time is so hectic it's a wonder I even have the time to sit back and relax for a few minutes to write. But I'll find the time for you all. I've been flooded with so many emails and comments from well wishers that I just have to publicly say thank you all for your continued support. Anyhow let's get into the chocolate cookie recipe.
Chocolate Cookies Recipe
As you can see from the pictures it's a no brainer; just measure ingredients; mix for a while then make little balls and squash them down (Children will certainly love this part); then bake and enjoy. But wait a few minutes for them to cool before you start your feast.
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup chocolate powder
½ cup butter, softened
1 tsp cinnamon
⅛ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 ½ tsp. vanilla essence
¼ c chopped nuts (almonds, hazel, or pecan) or chocolate pieces
½ c chocolate sprinkles or chocolate kisses (Hershey's)
Note: If you're adding the nuts add it at this step
These will make large cookies, about 4 inches in diameter.
Place the chocolate cookies about 2 ½ inches apart.
Note: To maintain uniformity we measured about 2 tbsp of cookie dough for each cookie.
Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees F (160 degree C) for 15 minutes. Yields 12 large cookies.
- Mix together the brown sugar, granulated sugar and chocolate powder. Mix and set aside.
- Sift the salt, cinnamon, baking soda and flour together. Mix and set aside.
- Cream the sugars, chocolate, and butter together.
- Add the vanilla to the egg and beat together.
- Blend the egg into the creamed mixture.
- Then stir in the flour mixture.
- Mix until a smooth dough is formed.
- Note: If you’re adding the nuts add it at this step
- Separate dough into small balls. Place in greased trays.
- These will make large cookies, about 4 inches in diameter.
- Place the chocolate cookies about 2 ½ inches apart.
- Note: To maintain uniformity we measured about 2 tbsp of cookie dough for each cookie.
- Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Sprinkle chocolate sprinkles or place a chocolate kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees F (160 degree C) for 15 minutes.
Of course before I go here are a few tips for your cookies (You're gonna like this):
1. For the weight conscious......EAT ONLY ONE.... 🙂
2.If you feel depressed ....Don't eat any of these. Alternatively make a second batch for you alone. 🙂
3. Keep toothbrush and toothpaste at hand.
4. Store/ hide in a cool place preferably in an airtight container ...with a lock.
5. If you think your chocolate cookies are threatened in anyway hire a security guard lol 🙂
Well that's it for another post. I'm still here cranking out recipes for you all. If you like this chocolate cookies recipe why not leave me a comment.
Ah gone 🙂