Chicken in mushroom sauce...Man, I'm actually lost for words. From the looks of it you would swear I bought it in a restaurant and just put it on a plate. What you see are ingredients that came from my kitchen and my own creative effort. And, I must thank my good friend Natasha Williams who gave me this idea.
I am now thankful for having made this mushroom sauce. I must admit that I surprised myself at the incredible taste I was able to attain from such a simple dish. It's like I wasn't even in charge of cooking that day. It is a very simple recipe, with just a few ingredients. You can see this from the photo below, all you need is a few basic ingredients: mushroom, chicken and milk.
Now, this chicken in mushroom sauce takes just 30 minutes to prepare and must be prepared in two parts. First, we'll cook the chicken slowly without much interference from you. Yeah, it's like lazy cooking lol.
Next, the mushroom sauce is quite simple to make. Just follow the recipe instructions below carefully. You will See how easy it is. In no time you would be producing this restaurant quality dish right in your kitchen. Here's Chicken in Mushroom Sauce gone trini style.
Once again, I must stress, it is important you follow the recipe step by step in making this sauce.
Chicken in Mushroom Sauce Recipe
Recipes, like this one, that take a time to prepare are my favourite for the Christmas and New Year's menu. With all the ups and downs, and ins and out, no one has the time or energy left over to prepare many dishes in one morning.
It is best to make your menus simple and involve a few manageable ingredients. This is one recipe included in the New Year's menu. My in-laws have not tasted it yet.
Now, I just have to think of what I would cook along side this chicken and mushroom sauce. You know, it is always planning these big menus that takes more time than the cooking...
Anyway, here is the recipe for chicken in mushroom sauce.
CHICKEN IN MUSHROOM SAUCE
4 boneless chicken breasts, skin removed and seasoned Trinistyle
¼ cup butter
1 cup mushroom, sliced
1 cup milk
½ cup heavy cream
1 tbsp flour
½ cup onion, chopped
salt to taste (about 1 tsp)
Prepare the chicken in advance. Season and marinate the chicken for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Turn on other side, cover and cook for 7 minutes.
Note: What we want to achieve is a cooked but tender chicken breast. So keep the fire low and let the chicken breasts cook slowly in their juices.
Chicken in Mushroom Sauce
- 4 boneless chicken breasts skin removed and seasoned Trinistyle
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup mushroom sliced
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp flour
- ½ cup onion chopped
- salt to taste about 1 tsp
- Prepare the chicken in advance. Season and marinate the chicken for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- In a deep pot, melt the butter over a low flame and carefully place the chicken breasts.
- Cover and allow to cook for about 7 minutes.
- Turn on other side, cover and cook for 7 minutes.
- Note: What we want to achieve is a cooked but tender chicken breast. So keep the fire low and let the chicken breasts cook slowly in their juices.
- Next, remove the chicken breasts. Set aside.
- In the same pot, add the chopped onion and saute until translucent.
- Add the flour and mushrooms. Stir.
- Then add the milk and heavy cream. simmer for 3 minutes or until thick.
- Return the chicken breasts and cover with the sauce. Serve hot.
Well that's it for another simple but extraordinary post. Comment away. Coming up next ...well I'll give you a hint : "look closely at my pictures"
Ah gone 🙂