I love quick recipes like this tasty carrot muffins, which became even more extravagant. Such recipes are perfect as a dessert or for serving in a dinner party. However, they must look extraordinary, that is why I like filling my carrot muffins. The carrot muffins seen here were desserts for a dinner party. My wife took a simple carrot muffin recipe and filled them with a jam filling, raspberry jam filling. You can fill your carrot muffins with any filling of your choice. You and your guest will love this variety.
Quick and Tasty Carrot Muffins
These muffins are quick and easy to make as the steps will show; for an added twist we decided to fill the centre with raspberry jam and top it with store bought cream frosting and slivered almonds. These were decadent and were calling for a glass of ice cream to complete the meal, but alas there weren't any "Chunky Monkey" or "Cherry Garcia" close at hand.
Note to self: Buy Ben and Jerry's ice cream before making these muffins next time.
Carrot Muffins Recipe
CARROT MUFFINS WITH RASPBERRY JAM FILLING
2 cups cake flour
¾ -1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup grated carrots
¼ c soft butter
⅓ cup milk
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. vanilla essence
½ tsp. nutmeg
½ tsp. salt
slivered or chopped almonds
vanilla cream frosting
Grate the carrots
Place the sugar in a deep bowl.
Beat the eggs. Add to the sugar…
Add the butter…
Combine the sugar, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla together.
In another bowl, sift the flour, baking powder together. Add the salt. Mix.
Stir the liquids into the dry ingredients and form a smooth batter.
Fold in the carrots.
Spoon the batter into the paper muffin cups.
Preheat the oven for 375 degrees F and bake for 20-35 minutes.
Allow to cool.
With an icing tip, cut holes at the top of the muffin.
(Place the tip over the muffin, push the tip in a bit and twist the head then remove the tip.)
Fill with raspberry jam.
Frost with a vanilla cream frosting.
Sprinkle chopped almond nuts. Yield 10-12 muffins.
See, it was short today. Coming up next ... maybe something a bit cheesy......Now to go look for some Cherry Garcia lol!!
Carrot Muffins With Raspberry Jam Filling
- 2 cups cake flour
- ¾ -1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup soft butter unsalted
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup reduced fat milk 2%
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. vanilla essence
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- Slivered or chopped almonds
- Vanilla cream frosting
- Raspberry jam filling
- Grate the carrots.
- Place the sugar in a deep bowl.
- Beat the eggs. Add to the sugar, add the butter,. Combine the sugar, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla together.
- Stir the liquids into the dry ingredients and form a smooth batter.
- Fold in the carrots. Blend well.
- Spoon the batter into the paper muffin cups.
- Preheat the oven for 375 degrees F and bake for 20-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- With an icing tip, cut holes at the top of the muffin. (Place the tip over the muffin, push the tip in a bit and twist the head then remove the tip.)
- Fill with raspberry jam. Frost with a vanilla cream frosting. Sprinkle chopped almond nuts.
Visit our dessert page for more recipes like this carrot muffin.