Sometimes plain rice can be boring. Sometimes a little creativity can make a regular meal exquisite, and so parsley rice is born. You should know that it is the parsley potatoes, which I did some time ago, that encouraged me to make parsley rice. This rice dish helps create a versatile menu. It can go well with just about any kind of meat dish or vegetable dish and you definitely wouldn't feel bored eating plain rice ever again.
The Parsley Rice Recipe
The most important ingredient and herb in this dish is parsley, it is not used as decoration. The other ingredient is the Basmati rice. It is a long grain rice that cooks very quickly but has a strong aromatic scent. These two ingredients make this dish unique in its own way.
This is your opportunity to enjoy and gain much nutritional benefit from parsley. This herb is considered a superfood. It can help promote optimal health. It can help "neutralize particular types of carcinogens".
Parsley is a rich source of anit-oxidant nutritents, luteolin and flavonoids. It is an excellent source of vitamin C and a good source of vitamin A and thus help maintain and improve the immune system - so it can help prevent infections and colds. It also is a good source of folic acids and vitamin B which can help maintain a healthy cardiovascular system. Also, I have found out that the flat leaf variety holds up better in cooking. It retains its taste, colour and nutritional value better than the the curly variety.
So, here is my take on a delicious parsley rice. Hope you enjoy!
Wash the rice. Boil the rice in water for about 15 minutes on a low flame. Set aside
Melt the butter in a deep pan.
Add the chopped onion and pimento.
Mix in the chopped parsley (1 cup).
Add the cooked rice.
Note: We used basmati rice because of the speed at which it cooks and its lightness.
Adjust salt to taste. Gently toss together. Remove from heat.
Add the 2 tablespoon fresh parsley. Gently toss.
Note: This step was done to push the parsley flavour a bit in the dish. Hey after all it's parsley rice 🙂
Serve hot or warm.
- 1 pimento pepper finely chopped
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 cup uncooked Basmati rice
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. salted butter
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley minced
- 1 ½ cups water
- Salt to taste
- Wash the rice. Boil the rice in water for about 15 minutes on a low flame. Set aside
- Melt the butter in a deep pan.
- Add the chopped onion and pimento.
- Mix in the chopped parsley (1 cup).
- Add the cooked rice.
- Note: We used basmati rice because of the speed at which it cooks and its lightness.
- Adjust salt to taste. Gently toss together. Remove from heat.
- Add the 2 tablespoon fresh parsley. Gently toss.
- Note: This step was done to push the parsley flavour a bit in the dish. Hey after all it’s parsley rice 🙂
- Serve hot or warm.
We're on a roll here...two recipes in one day lol 🙂 Leave lots of comments if you like my parsley rice recipe.
Ah gone 🙂