This is no regular banana bread, it is coconut banana bread - and another one of the favourite quick breads at my home. If you love banana bread, and you want to kick the taste and flavour up a notch this is one to try. You will definitely love this one. You will also notice that this coconut banana bread is a lot like the local banana bread, except better. This bread will be quite a treat for all you who love the taste of coconut.
Another Nutritious Quick Bread
The combination of the different ingredients in this bread creates a rich flavour that you simply cannot resist. My family has rated this quick bread a perfect ten for many reasons. One reason is that it contains less sugar than the regular banana bread and it has a lot more fiber (actually, that is two). This coconut banana bread contains a significant amount of wholewheat flour and above all, it is moist.
Coconut Banana Bread Recipe
So, here is the recipe. Make sure you get all the ingredients. This is another simple recipe. Enjoy!
COCONUT BANANA BREAD
¾ cups granulated sugar
½ cup olive oil
4 ripe medium-sized bananas, mashed
1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
1 ¼ cups wholewheat flour)
1 tsp. baking soda
2 ½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup shredded coconut
2 med sized apples, cored and grated
½-1 cup maraschino cherries, halved
1 cup raisins
½ cup glazed fruits
1 tsp. vanilla extract
You can grate fresh coconut or use dessicated coconut.
Sift together the flour, wholewheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
Beat the eggs in a deep bowl.
Add the sugar...
and the grated apple.
Stir in the vanilla extract...
and the olive oil.
Add the flour mixture to the liquid...
...then the glazed fruits.
....raisins and cherries.
Pour in a greased dish (6 x 11 inches or 2 baking loaf pans, 9 x 4 inches) and bake for about 1 hour at 220 degrees F
or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool before serving. Cut into slices and serve.
Coconut Banana Bread
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 ripe medium-sized bananas mashed
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups wholewheat flour)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 med sized apples cored and grated
- ½-1 cup maraschino cherries halved
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup glazed fruits
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Note: You can grate fresh coconut or use desiccated coconut.
- Sift together the flour, wholewheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Beat the eggs in a deep bowl.
- Add the sugar banana and the grated apple. Mix well.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and the olive oil.
- Add the flour mixture to the liquid then the glazed fruits, raisins and cherries.
- Mix well.
- Pour in a greased dish (6 x 11 inches or 2 baking loaf pans, 9 x 4 inches) and bake for about 1 hour at 220 degrees F or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before serving. Cut into slices and serve.
Well I do hope you liked this simple coconut banana bread recipe; more to come.
Ah gone 🙂