Baked stuffed potatoes: I wouldn't have it any other way. This is a stuffed potato recipe I can have any day. Why? I'll tell you. It is easy to make and perhaps twice as filling and I can't forget the exta cheesy topping I like to enjoy. You know that semi sharp taste with a bit of saltiness we get from our cheese here in Trinidad? That's what I'm talking about. Take it from me If you want a simple to prepare stuffed baked potato recipe look no further.
Trinistyle Baked Stuffed Potatoes
Potato is such a versatile staple, but I prefer most of all baked stuffed potatoes. Once you choose the right potato, the baked potatoes are creamy and delicious. Another thing I like with baked stuffed potatoes is that you can include any ingredient in the filling. Now the filling in this one is mostly vegetables, but if you like bacon or any other type of meat you can cook crispy, it can be added to the mashed potatoes. Anyway, most of the ingredients are easy to find.
The only ingredient that may be a bit difficult to source may be the green seasoning but there aren't any rules really when it comes to seasoning the potato filling...In fact I could have added even more cheese and a bit more pepper to the stuffed potato! Anyway, as I always say, let your taste buds be your guide: substitute ingredients; experiment a bit; don't forget to write down what you did and make this stuffed potato recipe your own.
So let's begin. Here's baked stuffed potato Trinistyle. Enjoy!
Baked Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
BAKED STUFFED POTATOES
5 medium potatoes, washed
1 sweet pepper, chopped
½ cup grated carrot
1 tablespoon grated onion
2 cloves garlic, grated
2 tablespoons green seasoning
3 cups grated cheese, divided
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon black pepper
pepper to taste
salt to taste
Wash and boil the potatoes for approximately 25 minutes. Cut in halves, scoop out the centre and place in a greased baking tin.
Note: Although time is given, what we want to achieve is a ¾ cooked potato. The potato must not be too soft!
For the filling:
Add to the scooped out potato, sweet pepper, grated carrot, onion and garlic, green seasoning, 1 cup of grated cheese, and butter and black pepper.
Mix and add salt and pepper to taste. Stuff each potato with the filling.
Top with the remaining 2 cups of grated cheese. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F or until golden brown. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Baked Stuffed Potatoes FAQs:
- Which potatoes are best for baking? Choose high-starch potatoes for baking. They are fluffy when cooked and absorb the milk and butter quite well.
- Why should I avoid buying potatoes with a light green look? Such potatoes contain solanine, a mildly toxic alkaloid. These potatoes are a bit bitter when cooked. They can also give you a bellyache.
- How do I know the potatoes I have have a high starch content? Just cut the potatoes with a knife. Starchy potatoes will cling to the knife and leave a white substance on the knife.
Delicious isn't it? Yeah I know, look at how much cheese I piled on top there! 😀 Anyhow, while you all dribble a bit (stop dribbling!) I am going to organize a few more tasty Trini treats. Hope you enjoyed this Trini take on baked stuffed potato. If you want more recipes with potato, see the links below. We have a lot more like this.
Also we welcome comments from our readers. Leave your comments below or email us on any post you would like to see in the future. If you have any questions concerning our past recipes email us also. We will do all that we can to help.
Baked Stuffed Potatoes
- 5 medium potatoes washed
- 1 sweet pepper chopped
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 1 tbsp. grated onion
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 2 tbsp. green seasoning
- 3 cups grated cheese divided
- 2 tbsp. butter unsalted
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste optional
- Wash and boil the potatoes for approximately 25 minutes. (Note: Although time is given, what we want to achieve is a ¾ cooked potato. The potato must not be too soft!) Cut in halves, scoop out the centre and place in a greased baking tin.
- Stuff each potato with the filling. Top with the remaining 2 cups of grated cheese. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.