A, A! Long time no see! How allyuh goin? I fine well thanks.....Today I have an exquisite almond chicken bites recipe that I learnt while doing some cooking classes. Much credit goes to my mentor for this one and, by the looks of it, you know it is going to taste goooood. Anyway, I've been meaning to post, but things get in the way and you have to leave stuff undone or halfway done to attend to more important matters at the time, so I hope you all understand.
But, I'm here, there, everywhere always busy as a bee organising new recipes or working on different approaches to the same ole, same ole trini dishes just to add some pizzazz. So, I'm busy and it looks like there isn't any stopping in the near future because of the sheer quantity of information on Trinidad and Tobago's cuisine still to be posted. There's so much still to do.
As part of the new "stuff" I've been doing in the background, I have reintroduced our newsletter to keep you all in tune with what's happening on the site. It has been a long arduous task to get everything in order but now it is and it's full steam ahead. As part of the benefits I have included an exclusive recipe section where only subscribers are allowed to read. Of course upcoming giveaways will be the same, so I do hope you all take this opportunity to sign up. If you choose you can also subscribe to my feeds at the bottom of the post if you prefer to get notified of new posts on the site
Add Pizzazz to Your Sunday Lunch With This Almond Chicken Bites
The almond chicken bites are absolutely wonderful for any occasion. When I made these everyone liked them and wanted the recipe so today I'm pleased to share it on the site. It is simple and straightforward; nothing fancy. Just good ole Trini cooking. Enjoy!
Almond Chicken Bites Recipe
4 chicken breasts, boned and skinned
3 tbsp. rice cooking wine
4 tablespoon green seasoning
2 tbsp. + 4 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tbsp. soy sauce
½ tsp. sugar
¾ cup ground almonds
salt to taste
4 -5 lettuce leaves, shredded (this will form the bed when serving the chicken)
oil for deep frying
Cut chicken breasts into 3 x 1 inch strips and place in a bowl.
Season chicken with green seasoning and salt. Toss.
Cover with a plastic wrap and leave to marinade for an hour.
In another bowl combine 4 tablespoon cornstarch with the ground almonds.
Place egg in a bowl and beat lightly.
Dip the chicken strips in egg....
....then in the almond mixture. Set aside for 10 minutes.
Heat oil in a deep pot. Deep fry for 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
Serve on a bed of lettuce with sweet and sour sauce or plum sauce.
Note: I opted for the plum sauce since I am almost addicted to it now lol!!.. Almost addicted. There's still hope for me lol!! 🙂
Almond Chicken Bites
- 4 chicken breasts boned and skinned
- 3 tbsp. rice cooking wine
- 4 tablespoon green seasoning
- 2 tbsp. + 4 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ¾ cup ground almonds
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
- 4 -5 lettuce leaves shredded (this will form the bed when serving the chicken)
- oil for deep frying
- Cut chicken breasts into 3 x 1 inch strips and place in a bowl.
- Season chicken with green seasoning and salt. Toss.
- Combine rice cooking wine, 2 tablespoon cornstarch, sugar, and soy sauce.
- Place strips into bowl and toss.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and leave to marinade for an hour.
- In another bowl combine 4 tablespoon cornstarch with the ground almonds.
- Place egg in a bowl and beat lightly.
- Dip the chicken strips in egg then in the almond mixture.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep pot. Deep fry for 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce with sweet and sour sauce or plum sauce.
See you soon with another scrumptious trini recipe. Of course tell me you think about the almond chicken bites in the comment box below.
Ah gone 🙂