I haven't had lamb for some time now but when I do, I prefer to have baked lamb. Not just baked lamb, but baked lamb the way my wife does it. Oh! the flavour; the tenderness; the succulency (now that's a big word!) of "fall off the bone" lamb smothered in a complementary sauce is an experience into taste......Mmm, Mmm Mmm! I'm actually salivating as I write 🙂
The Best Baked Lamb
This Lamb recipe I would call a simply trini cooking original because of the trini way in which we prepare it. To begin, we season the lamb with all the local herbs together with some of our famous green seasoning. Then the meat is marinated overnight: real trinistyle. Afterward the lamb meat is pressure cooked to make it tender and help the seasoning further infuse, deep into the lamb. Then it is placed into a flavour laden blanket of sauce to bake. When the lamb is finished, you could chew right down to the bones: talk about tender!
So, are you ready to try out our original trini recipe for Baking lamb? I hope you are. It's very simple really. Just follow the steps and you'll be on your way to making everyone in your family worship the very ground you walk on.......well, maybe for a short time until all the baked lamb is gone lol 😀 Here's Baked Lamb Trinistyle.
Baked Lamb Recipe
½ pound lamb, seasoned *, and marinated overnight
1 cup lamb stock**
4 teaspoons tomato paste
¼ cup tomato ketchup
2 cloves garlic, chopped
¼ medium onion, chopped
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
salt to taste
* We used lamb shoulder but any cut would do.
** The lamb stock you will get after the lamb has been pressure cooked.
Put enough water to cover the lamb
Pressure cook for 20 minutes.
The lamb is good now. Don't throw away the stock!
In a separate bowl mix 1 cup of the lamb stock, with the ketchup, garlic, tomato paste, onion, Worcestershire sauce and salt to taste. Pour in a baking dish 12 x 8 x 2 inches and add the lamb. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
Delicious baked lamb. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with the sauce.
Simple wasn't it? More wonderful and inspiring trini recipes to come. Ah gone! 🙂
- ½ lb lamb seasoned * and marinated overnight
- 1 cup lamb stock**
- 4 tsp. tomato paste
- ¼ cup tomato ketchup low sodium
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- ¼ medium onion chopped
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt to taste
- * We used lamb shoulder but any cut would do.
- ** The lamb stock you will get after the lamb has been pressure cooked.
- Put enough water to cover the lamb. Pressure cook for 20 minutes. Set aside the stock. In a separate bowl mix 1 cup of the lamb stock, with the ketchup, garlic, tomato paste, onion, Worcestershire sauce and salt to taste.
- Pour in a baking dish 12 x 8 x 2 inches and add the lamb. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.