Stewed pork really compliments the Sunday meal. The meat is marinated, stewed, caramelized and then pressure cooked tender.
- 1 lb pork chopped, seasoned and marinated
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 6 leaves chadon beni chopped
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 to mato chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp. golden ray margarine
Add the garlic, onion, and chadon beni (bandhania) to the seasoned pork. In a deep pot caramelize the sugar to a golden brown colour.
Add the pork and stir to evenly coat with the sugar. Add the tomato, the golden ray butter (optional), the bay leaves and a little water and allow to simmer for 15 minutes in its own juices.
Cover the pot when you're simmering for the 15 minutes Afterwards, pressure cook the pork for 40 minutes over a medium-high flame.
- Pork is always well-cooked. So allow time for the meat to cook.
- If you are using frozen meat, make sure you thaw the meat. Cook the meat as soon as it is thawed.