Spanish rice just might become one of your favorite meals for the Christmas season.
- 1 cup rice
- 1 ½ tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium sweet pepper green, chopped
- 1 medium sweet pepper red, chopped
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 1 sprig celery chopped finely
- 2 sprigs fine leaf thyme chopped finely
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
Boil rice drain and set aside.
Melt butter over a medium flame. Saute the ginger, garlic, and onion for one minute. Add celery, thyme and sweet peppers. Let cook for one minute. (Note: Try not to overcook the sweet pepper because they would lose some of their vibrant colour.)
Add raisins and mix well. Allow to saute for about 30 seconds. Add rice. Mix well and adjust salt to taste. (If you like you can add a bit of black pepper now).
Remove from heat. Serve hot.