Trini Wholewheat Pizza
Servings: 2 thin crust pizzas (16 slices)
- PIZZA DOUGH
- 1 pk 2 tbsp. dry yeast
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup of wholewheat flour
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. oil olive or coconut
- PIZZA SAUCE:
- ¼ cup tomato paste no salt added variety
- ½ cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp. of each thyme leaves
- 1 grated garlic
- 1 tsp. grated onion
- 1-3 tsp. of each: basil leaves parsley leaves, celery leaves
- SUGGESTED TOPPINGS FOR THIS VEGE PIZZA:
- 1 cup yellow sweet corn whole kernel
- 1 cup chopped sweet pepper red and green
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 78 g mushrooms
- 8 stuffed olives
- 2 cups grated cheese
Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour the mixed liquids. Mix and gradually knead into a smooth ball. Rest the dough for about 15 minutes.
Roll the dough out. Spread your favorite tomato paste or pizza sauce onto the pizza sprinkle the basic ingredients mentioned above or ingredients of your choice over the pizza.
In the step by step recipe: We sprinkled corn, chopped sweet pepper, grated carrots, chopped tomatoes and avocado.
Sprinkle grated cheese over the ingredients. Bake for 25-35 minutes in a preheated oven 230 degrees or until golden brown. Remove from the pan, slice and serve.