Steam breadfruit in coconut milk with (preferably) a salted meat. This is a Caribbean favourite and a one-pot dish.
Servings 4 - 6
- 3 pimento peppers finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoon chopped chive
- 4 slices fish
- 4 tablespoon of roucou
- 1 small/ medium breadfruit peeled and sliced ino 2" pieces
- 7 green figs bananas, peeled
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 3 garlic
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 bouillon cube optional
- 1 hot pepper
- 5 dasheen leaves
Place the breadfruit into a large pot. Add the rest of the ingredients. Cover pot and reduce heat to a simmer.
Cook for about 40 minutes or until breadfruit is tender. Then add the slices of fish to steam over the ingredients until the sauce thickens a little.