Fish and Sweet Potato Chowder
Fish and Sweet Potato Chowder December 10, 2013 by Felix Leave a Comment (Edit)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium-size onion chopped coarsely
- 3 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1 pimento pepper chopped finely
- 1 medium-size red sweet potato cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 carrot chopped coarsely
- 6 cups water or fish stock
- 200 g firm white fish fillet cut into bite-size pieces (about 1inch)
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. celery chopped
- 1 tsp. parsley
- ½ tsp. grated nutmeg
- green seasoning to season fish
- ½ cup cooking cream
- Chopped chadon beni to garnish
- Sal and pepper to taste
Season fish with nutmeg, green seasoning, oregano, celery, parsley, salt and pepper. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
Heat oil in med saucepan or pot. Add onion, garlic and pimento pepper. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
Add potato and carrot. Stir. Add water or stock and bring to a boil. Cover and leave to simmer until the sweet potato and carrot are cooked.
Blend or process stock and vegetables until smooth. Add seasoned fish, bring to boil and then allow to simmer for 10 minutes (or until fish is cooked).
Stir in the cooking cream. Remove and garnish with chopped chadon beni. Serve warm.