Mmmmm! Paprika chicken was all the rage recently at my home. It came, it wowed me, and it went....fast. Talk about flavour!
It was a flavour to share. This paprika chicken had a Trini spin which made our mouth water with delight. So, it was only a matter of time before it eventually ended up on the site. The flavour and the experience was just......
OK, something is happening here that I can't explain. I'm typing and looking at the picture of the paprika chicken below and I can't think straight. I'm at a loss for words right now....because the paprika chicken is looking so good right now, lol. Look at that, I can't even write properly...I'm ending my sentences with right now, right now hahaha 🙂
It seems I will have to stop writing and just show you all how to make this Trini style paprika chicken....I'm warning you though, make enough so you will get for yourself...Or, better yet, put aside yours first and seal it in a container ...With a padlock lol!! 😀
All fun aside, this paprika chicken, based on the preparation, had a certain versatility about it that only occurred after it was made. Now, (as in the last photo) it can be served as a side dish alongside some carrot rice. This paprika chicken, for me, is also a real go along dish for any occasion as well. As in the first photo, this paprika chicken could be served as what we trinis call "Cutters", and for that variation I would have added some heat.
If served as cutters, say for a "lime " or in some classy secluded, cosy nook on a Friday night... while the pannist plays a little ditty, ramajaying on the steel, this paprika chicken can suit any mood....
Anyhow, before I paint a whole scene of food and enjoyment set in a real Caribbean themed backdrop, just get the ingredients and some chicken legs or wings and try our trinistyle paprika chicken...
And maybe create your own memorable scene 🙂
TRINI STYLE PAPRIKA CHICKEN
2 packs chicken legs or chicken wings (about 10 wings)
3 pimento peppers
2 cloves garlic
1 stalk celery
1 bundle chive
6 leaves chadon beni
1 tsp. complete seasoning
1 tsp. salt
1 piece ginger approx 2 inches
8 pimento (4 red and 4 green)
1 head garlic, cleaned
2 stalk celery
2 tbsp paprika
3 cups ketchup
2 tsp. sugar
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
Prepare the ingredients. Separate the ingredients accordingly.
Place the ingredients for the seasoning (except the complete seasoning and salt) in one bowl,
and the ingredients for the sauce (the ginger, pimento, cloves, garlic and celery) in another bowl.
Blend the two batches of ingredients in a chopper. Blend it dry and keep them separated.
Season the chicken with the chopped seasoning, salt and complete seasoning.
Leave to marinate for about 30 minutes.
With the second bowl of ingredients mix it with the paprika.
Mix in the ketchup and the sugar.
Deep fry until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels.
Coat each wing (or chicken leg) with the sauce.
Place each in a baking dish. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
When finished baking, dip chicken into sauce again. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve.
Oh gosh! Look at that picture.... Macaroni pie, fresh salad, carrot rice and we boy paprika chicken all present on a plate one fine Sunday afternoon. In fact I believe that was my plate lol 🙂 Do I have to tell you how the food tasted?
Trinistyle Paprika Chicken
- 2 packs chicken legs or chicken wings about 10 wings
- 3 pimento peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 bundle chive
- 6 leaves chadon beni
- 1 tsp. complete seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 piece ginger approx 2 inches
- 8 pimento 4 red and 4 green
- 1 head garlic cleaned
- 2 stalk celery
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 3 cups ketchup
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- Prepare the ingredients. Separate the ingredients accordingly.
- Place the ingredients for the seasoning (except the complete seasoning and salt) in one bowl,
- and the ingredients for the sauce (the ginger, pimento, cloves, garlic and celery) in another bowl.
- Blend the two batches of ingredients in a chopper. Blend it dry and keep them separated.
- Season the chicken with the chopped seasoning, salt and complete seasoning.
- Leave to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- With the second bowl of ingredients mix it with the paprika.
- Mix in the ketchup and the sugar.
- Next, roll the marinated chicken in flour and cornmeal flour mixture. Coat the chicken well.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Coat each wing (or chicken leg) with the sauce.
- Place each in a baking dish. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- When finished baking, dip chicken into sauce again. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve.
Alright! coming up next we have an sweet anti cancer dessert recipe that you'll certainly fall in love with. So see you soon.
Ah gone 🙂