This guava wine has been curing for some time now but if you get your hands on some guava this Christmas season here is a simple wine recipe to make guava wine. There's not much to it because you're not really cooking lol 🙂 but it will still take some skill and close attention. First of all make sure all utensils used are sterilized with hot water. Then pay attention to the measurements in the list of ingredients and length of time for the fermentation process. In time maybe I'll perfect the wine making process and be able to come up with a ratio if you want your wine dry, sweet, or sparkling.
But for now we'll be sticking to the traditional sweet fruity wines we all look forward to during the Christmas season. Enjoy.
Guava Wine Recipe
4 ½ dozen med Ripe Guavas, burst in half with hands
4 cups sugar
2 tbsp instant yeast
5L water (about 21 cups)
Note: Cleanliness is key to making wine. Sterilize all utensils using hot water.
sugar and the 5L of water. Stir.
So 21 days has passed and the whole room is smelling of guava when we opened the bucket lol .
But we're not finished yet....
After the 10 days strain again and pour into sterilized “bottles” and store in a cool dry place.
Note: As you can see the wine will still need to strain as the residue settles while the wine cures overtime.
Well we're on a roll again and I do apologize for having you all wait so long for a recipe post but as they say good things come to those who wait....And good things are coming for you all from Simply Trini Cooking. Stay tuned.
See you on the 27th when we celebrate 7 years in de business. More recipes coming in yuh pw***n ---->If yuh is ah real trini yuh know what word that is lol 🙂
By the way if you liked this guava wine recipe why not leave a comment.
- 4 ½ dozen med Ripe Guavas burst in half with hands
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp instant yeast
- 5 L water about 21 cups
- To sweeten
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- Note: Cleanliness is key to making wine. Sterilize all utensils using hot water.
- Wash the guava, burst with your hands and placein a sterilized bucket.
- Boil the 5L of water and set aside to cool.
- Add the 4cups sugar and the 5L of water. Stir.
- Add the yeast then stir. Cover lightly and leave to set for 21 days.
- After the 21 days has passed pour out the “wine” and discard the fruits.
- Strain through a fine sieve or cloth and sweeten with the 5 cups of sugar.
- Pour in a sterilized container and add the raisins. Leave for 10 days.
- After the 10 days strain again and pour into sterilized “bottles” and store in a cool dry place.
Ah gone 🙂