This deviled potatoes recipe is just one of the thousands of ways you can prepare this favorite staple and comfort food. However, my inspiration for this deviled potatoes recipe came from my deviled eggs recipe. When I first made these potatoes, I served it for a Sunday lunch. The dish was different, it is not plain or boring. It actually added some class to the entire meal. Besides that, its fluffy texture was most appealing.
Deviled Potatoes: A Classic with a Trini Twist
Now, this deviled potato is a classic recipe with a trini twist, because of the additional pimento and chive. The potatoes scooped out is treated like cheese when you are making cheese paste. I have discovered that potatoes can be a party favourite. Yes, you read correctly. This recipe can be a treat for everyone at anytime. So potatoes is that comfort food that can be eaten for all occasions.
4 medium potatoes (brown or red skinned)
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon mustard
2 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon hot pepper (you can add more if you like)
½ cup grated carrot
1 tablespoon pimento pepper, minced
1 tablespoon onion, grated
Note: I like to smooth out the filling and add a dash of paprika for garnish.
So, how allyuh going? I know it's been sometime since I last posted but life gets in the way and you just have to pause for a cause. I'm still here in the background busy as usual. I eh forget allyuh. Well that's it for another wonderful post see you soon with more recipes.
Ah gone 🙂
- 4 medium potatoes brown or red skinned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper you can add more if you like
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon pimento pepper minced
- 1 tablespoon onion grated
- Wash the potatoes. Place them in a deep pot with water to gently boil until tender for 15 minutes.
- Cut in halves and scoop out insides carefully. Set aside the potato shells.
- Mash the rest with a fork to make the filling.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the mashed potatoes.
- Mix well.
- Fill the potato shells with the mash potato mixture. Serve hot or cold.