Simply Trini Cooking

menu navigation

push messages

1. v's
    June 6, 2013 • 12:50 pm

Mr. Felix,

Any substitution for the eggs in this recipe for vegetarians?????

Thank you.

Vidya

• Felix
      June 6, 2013 • 1:00 pm

You would have to use my eggless cake recipe and then make the mango sauce. You see the cake is primarily made of mostly eggs to give it the lightness. If anyone has an eggless Angel Food Cake recipe I’ll be happy to post it as an alternative

2. v's
    June 7, 2013 • 8:06 am

Thank you very much sir!!!

3. threenorns
    June 12, 2013 • 9:14 am

what a quandary…. it’s my trini hubbie’s birthday today and he’s not much of a cake fan. however, he’s requested a chocolate cake. this is very strange – i should verify that my 6yr old got the message right (it was probably more like “alla can cook whatever yuh want”).

i want to make a cake that he might’ve had when he was a child in trinidad but, you know – modern (read that as “as a white-bread canadian, i am not even going to attempt to compete with his mother’s home cooking”).

hmmmm….. i think this cake wins.

4. dc
    June 13, 2013 • 8:48 pm

Greetings Felix, you know long ago there was a heavy, thick textured cake called “Bellyfull”? You would not happen to have a recipe for Bellyfull or any recipe for a heavy, thick textured cake?

• Felix
      June 13, 2013 • 11:46 pm

Still looking for those types of recipes. They’re very hard to come by since people don’t share them.

• dc
        June 14, 2013 • 10:56 pm

What kind of other recipes are you looking for? Maybe post the names of the recipes and see if we can help you track them down?

• Felix
          June 15, 2013 • 12:19 am

I will be indebted to you if you can really find what I’m looking for. I’m looking for an authentic biscuit cake recipe. I have seen some imitations and would like to get the authentic recipe. Oh! I’m also looking for a book called Sylvia Hunt’s Cooking: Proud Legacy of our People. Happy hunting dc :)

• dc
            June 17, 2013 • 11:26 am

Felix, let me get back home in a few months and check for the Sylvia Hunt Cookbook. I may still have it somewhere as I remember buying that back in 1986 but never really used it. Would the recipe you are looking for (biscuit cake) possibly be in the Sylvia Hunt cookbook?

• Felix
            June 17, 2013 • 12:10 pm

Not sure but I’m still hunting and asking around. It’s been a few years since I started looking for that recipe in particular. But if you have the book I’ll be very, very , very happy :)

5. dc
    June 17, 2013 • 12:18 pm

Felix – I won’t be back home until September or therabouts. Give me a few days to catch myself and then will look and get in contact with you.

iPad Theme