Trini Parsad II (Flour Parsad)

FavoriteLoadingAdd to favorites

Last year I posted parsad made with cream of wheat. This time I decided to post the other popular variation of parsad – flour parsad. I thought I was a cream of wheat parsad convert until I saw how fast and easy flour parsad was to make. And you still get that wonderful smooth sweetness parsad is known for.

A Choice of Parsad

So now I have a choice of which one I want to make, but it is going to be a difficult choice.  Or… you know what? I think I will just have to make both when I’m ready: it’s too hard to resist either parsad.

Now, during Divali, I normally get little bags contains the several Divali sweets, including parsad.  Most times that little bag of parsad never get to reach home, and far less the fridge, because I would be nibbling on that parsad while on my way home too right after the barfi :-D.

Trini Parsad

By the way you ever had day old parsad, cold from the fridge? Man! it is the best way I know of, to really enjoy parsad. Somehow the coldness does something to bring out that milky sweetness of the parsad. Anyway, I’ll be short since I have more to post before Divali celebrations really get on the way today. Here’s flour parsad. Enjoy!

Oh! Don’t be daunted by the amount of pictures: the steps are simple. I just wanted to show a little more detail, so that you will get a vivid picture of what to do. :-)

Flour Parsad

FLOUR PARSAD

1 tin evaporated milk 410g
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp elychee ( cardamom)
1 cup raisins
1 tbsp. grated ginger
1/2 lb unsalted butter or ghee
2 cups flour

bring to a boil the milk, sugar, elychee and ginger
set aside

In another pot melt the butter or ghee

Add raisins

after about 2 minutes, add flour and stir continuously

Stir until the mixture achieves a golden brown colour
Note: You will also notice that the raisins have become plump. A good indication that it is ready for the milk.

Pour in the milk and continue stirring …

until it leaves the sides of the pot and looks fluffy in appearance.

See how easy that was? Ok! Next recipe coming soon. Ah gone!

Comments

1. says

thanks for this i made it without raisins because i dont like them and i dont know what elychee is so i dont have it in my kitchen. i followed the recipe to the t its a little sweet but what the hay next time ill just put less sugar.

2. says

Hi, can I try this with rice flour? Or a combination gluten free flour? :) If you have any suggestions I would love to know them. ^^ Thank you and take care`! :)

3. Mark says

Hi. Tried the Parsad today. After many ‘failures’ this was absolutely the best. I used less sugar though. But I got the fluffy texture that eluded me for quite a while. Thanks.

4. Christan says

Thank-you kindly, our daughter visited T’dad recently and tasted Parsad, love it.We decided to go online and search recipe. Follow direction step by step view images, Parsad taste amazing :)

5. Ann Marie says

Made this yesterday for the first time. it came out perfect. love the pics that goes with each recipe. it really helps. Since this came out so good it have no other trini site worth going to.
    thanks for sharing.

6. dc says

Allo Felix, one of my strange questions again: The elychee you refer to – is it whole elychee pods (slightly crushed), whole elychee seeds or ground elychee? Thanking you kindly.

7. apple says

I’ve been craving parsad for some months now and last night I found your recipe!
    I added a tbsp more ginger (for which my son complained) and I swapped out 1/2 cup flour for cream of wheat.

omg!!! I loves it!!!

8. tjohn says

Recipe looks great, but my mom patch the floor before using it? Have u tried it that way? I can’t wait to try this