Trini Parsad II (Flour Parsad)

Last year I posted parsad made with cream of wheat. This time I decided to post the other popular variation of parsad – flour parsad. I thought I was a cream of wheat parsad convert until I saw how fast and easy flour parsad was to make. And you still get that wonderful smooth sweetness parsad is known for.

A Choice of Parsad

So now I have a choice of which one I want to make, but it is going to be a difficult choice.  Or… you know what? I think I will just have to make both when I’m ready: it’s too hard to resist either parsad.

Now, during Divali, I normally get little bags contains the several Divali sweets, including parsad.  Most times that little bag of parsad never get to reach home, and far less the fridge, because I would be nibbling on that parsad while on my way home too right after the barfi :-D.

Trini Parsad

By the way you ever had day old parsad, cold from the fridge? Man! it is the best way I know of, to really enjoy parsad. Somehow the coldness does something to bring out that milky sweetness of the parsad. Anyway, I’ll be short since I have more to post before Divali celebrations really get on the way today. Here’s flour parsad. Enjoy!

Oh! Don’t be daunted by the amount of pictures: the steps are simple. I just wanted to show a little more detail, so that you will get a vivid picture of what to do. :-)

Flour Parsad

FLOUR PARSAD

1 tin evaporated milk 410g
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp elychee ( cardamom)
1 cup raisins
1 tbsp. grated ginger
1/2 lb unsalted butter or ghee
2 cups flour

bring to a boil the milk, sugar, elychee and ginger
set aside

In another pot melt the butter or ghee

Add raisins

after about 2 minutes, add flour and stir continuously

Stir until the mixture achieves a golden brown colour
Note: You will also notice that the raisins have become plump. A good indication that it is ready for the milk.

Pour in the milk and continue stirring …

until it leaves the sides of the pot and looks fluffy in appearance.

See how easy that was? Ok! Next recipe coming soon. Ah gone!

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

20 Responses to Trini Parsad II (Flour Parsad)

1. Rasta Barbie November 7, 2010 at 9:07 pm #

thanks for this i made it without raisins because i dont like them and i dont know what elychee is so i dont have it in my kitchen. i followed the recipe to the t its a little sweet but what the hay next time ill just put less sugar.

2. riogyul October 26, 2011 at 4:51 pm #

thannkkkkkkk you soooooooo much, my first time making prasad….great recipe, great finish product…im definitely using this site alot more

3. Felix October 26, 2011 at 5:10 pm #

Thank you riogyul. Lots of recipes and still more to come..We food we culture!

4. koolie69 February 3, 2012 at 6:44 am #

mmmmmmmmmmm my favorite sweet… its so good….

5. Cheezees February 5, 2012 at 4:30 pm #

I going and try dis today today. AH will let allyuh know how it come out. Ah cyah wait!!! Parsad is my favourite snack hands down!

6. Cheezees February 7, 2012 at 2:09 am #

Well I made some parsad yesterday and I am proud to say that “it done eat”. Seriously, it did not last 24 hours. Dis website go make meh fat :P

7. Felix February 7, 2012 at 3:33 am #

Oh gorsh Cheezees yuh mean to say yuh eat all de parsad by yuh self.. lol!!

8. Cheezees February 12, 2012 at 12:49 am #

Hahaha….yuh buss meh files dey Felix. All dis time I pretending like is me and meh husband that ate it all when it was just me that lick it up!

9. xraishax August 29, 2012 at 12:56 am #

Hi, can I try this with rice flour? Or a combination gluten free flour? :) If you have any suggestions I would love to know them. ^^ Thank you and take care`! :)

10. Kim November 8, 2012 at 3:08 pm #

Does this recipe need any water added like you did with the cream of wheat recipe?

• Felix November 10, 2012 at 11:02 pm #

No, this is a different recipe and technique.

11. Mark November 13, 2012 at 10:19 pm #

Hi. Tried the Parsad today. After many ‘failures’ this was absolutely the best. I used less sugar though. But I got the fluffy texture that eluded me for quite a while. Thanks.

• Felix November 13, 2012 at 10:41 pm #

It takes practice; you have learnt well. Congratulations :)

12. Minsodia March 27, 2013 at 8:02 am #

!!! Ohh Lovely !! Thank Ya :*

13. Christan July 9, 2013 at 12:02 am #

Thank-you kindly, our daughter visited T’dad recently and tasted Parsad, love it.We decided to go online and search recipe. Follow direction step by step view images, Parsad taste amazing :)

14. Ann Marie August 3, 2013 at 6:24 pm #

Made this yesterday for the first time. it came out perfect. love the pics that goes with each recipe. it really helps. Since this came out so good it have no other trini site worth going to.
    thanks for sharing.

15. dc August 15, 2013 at 8:42 pm #

Allo Felix, one of my strange questions again: The elychee you refer to – is it whole elychee pods (slightly crushed), whole elychee seeds or ground elychee? Thanking you kindly.

• Felix August 16, 2013 at 10:13 am #

Hi DC, I used ground elychee. Don’t mind the questions;keep asking.

16. apple October 9, 2013 at 12:42 pm #

I’ve been craving parsad for some months now and last night I found your recipe!
    I added a tbsp more ginger (for which my son complained) and I swapped out 1/2 cup flour for cream of wheat.

omg!!! I loves it!!!

17. abby October 31, 2013 at 5:59 pm #

Awesome recipe, just tried it (but with 1 cup sugar only) amazing amazing! Thanks SimplyTrini.