10 Great Snack Ideas
Besides the many fruits you can partake of, here are 10 great snack ideas from Simply Trini Cooking.
Great Snack Ideas
Snack time can be fun. In Trinidad and Tobago we have a lot of simple homemade snack recipes. The snacks vary from sweet to sour and to peppery. We do love variety in our snacks.
This jub jub is a favourite snack among children in the Caribbean. It is therefore one of our snack ideas.
10 Trini Snack Ideas
- Mango chow. This simple appetizer/snack is great during hot evenings, with good company. It is seasoned green or half ripe mango with a little pepper (no cooking is required). Read more.
- Cheese straws. These cheese straws helped liven the spirits of everyone. Read more.
- Homemade peanut butter cookies. This cookie is not too sweet. What is different about this cookie is that it is not as oily as others cookies. It has two of my favorite nuts: peanuts and walnuts. Read more.
- Sucker bag. In Trinidad, it is always hot, save for the rainy season, and sometimes it gets so hot that you need something to cool down after spending some time in the stinging sun. We have quite a few ways to do just that. For the adults, a cold beer or some other cold beverage; but for the children, we have soft drinks, juices and a few frozen treats, such as the traditional sucker bag. Read more
- Breadfruit chips. Breakfast chips can be very filling. Read more.
- Yam chips, These mouth watering Yam chips is a great way to past the time. Read more.
- Carrot cake. This cake also had a few surprises. I could still taste the walnuts and pieces of pineapple. Read more.
- Pineapple chow. We Trinidadians love to make chow with all kinds of fruits we can get our hands on. Usually though, the fruits are either half ripe or green and sour, like mango and pommecythere. Pineapple is no exception. Read more.
- Jub Jub. This snack is simple to make. Its natural flavour is a welcome. I really enjoyed making this candy and I believe many of you and your children will also enjoy making it and eating it as well. Read More.
- Beef pie pastry. I love beef pies, especially its crusty dough. It is popular here in Trinidad and Tobago, from weddings to beach limes. But one pie never seems to be enough. Read more.
Tell us, what are your favourite local Trinbago snacks? Don’t forget to leave your comments in the comment box below on this article on snack ideas.