Simply Trini Cooking

menu navigation

push messages

1. Happiness
    September 16, 2008 • 2:32 am

I just wanted to say “hi”. I added you as a friend on twitter, but I can’t message you since you have not added me yet. Cool blog!
    Thanks!
    -HIB

2. simplytrinicooking.com
    October 2, 2008 • 11:11 pm

Thank you. I tried to make provisions for you on twitter.

3. carl J
    October 19, 2009 • 1:44 pm

looks good!

4. Felix
    October 19, 2009 • 5:15 pm

tastes good too!

5. Annehara
    February 27, 2010 • 12:01 pm

Just wanted to say that yuh post made me VERY homesick. I live in Africa and have not seen the Trini shores in over 8 years.

That said, I’ll try yuh recipe soon.

6. bella ella ella a
    June 6, 2010 • 11:24 pm

thanks Felix, I’m gonna try this recipe soon. do you use boneless pork?

7. Felix
    June 7, 2010 • 2:32 am

The less bones the better

8. Felix
    June 21, 2010 • 3:57 am

Just wanted to say that I recently added another geera porkpost. Check it out :-)

9. DONNA ANDERSON
    May 15, 2011 • 8:46 pm

Am still waiting for the geera chicken recipe. My sister makes this with neck and I almost eat the whole pot, but she is in Trinidad, so please post the recipe :)
    By the way every single one of your recipes that I have ventured to try, are AWESOME

10. Lindy
    August 18, 2011 • 11:21 am

Just to note that for the geera, it should correctly be ‘roasted cumin’. This is just for those who are not familiar and may want to try this recipe. The ordinary cumin may work, but the taste will not be the same. However, you can simply take the cumin seeds, roast them in a hot skillet and grind them in a mortar/pestle or food processor.

11. Sandy
    December 9, 2012 • 2:38 pm

Felix ,boy we try this and it felt like I was back home in felicity.It tasted real good. We love your site. I have to try the black pudding.I miss that too bad from Rising Tide Club. Thanks for making we foreign trini feel like we back home.

12. crystal
    May 28, 2013 • 2:03 pm

If you want to get your pork very tender, instead of lime, soak pork in warm water adding flour,salt and baking powder, wash in warm water and then season as directed. The pork or beef can melt in your mouth.

• Felix
      May 28, 2013 • 7:12 pm

Thank you Crystal will try that method when next I make geera pork. Thanks for the tip :)

13. Rawlins Boodan
    December 30, 2014 • 9:19 am

Do not wash pork with lime or lemons just soak in water and wash with flour and the meat will be tender and while cooking pour about 5 ounces of Coke in the pot and your geera pork will be very tender

iPad Theme