A Tawa (tawah) or Platin is similar to a griddle. It is another cast iron cooking utensil that a Trini cannot do without. It is used for making bake and roti (and for me a good substitute for baking pizza). They come in various sizes as well. The larger ones are used for making buss-up-shut ( paratha roti) for weddings and other large occasions.
Mailing List Signup
Join our Mailing list and get access to exclusive recipes and giveaways. Enter Your Name and Email Below And Click The “Subscribe” Button Now!
- Gauva Baked Lamb November 24, 2013
- Spicy Coconut Rice November 17, 2013
- Green Fig (banana) and Saltfish Pie November 16, 2013
- Masala Caraili (Bitter Gourd) November 10, 2013
- News: The Ever Elusive Biscuit Cake October 23, 2013
- Buss up Shut (Paratha Roti) September 8, 2008
- Trinidad Cornmeal Pastelle November 29, 2008
- Trinidad Sponge Cake December 24, 2008
- Pholourie September 22, 2008
- Puffs, A Trini Favourite June 10, 2008
Appetizers Beverages Breads caribbean cooking Caribbean recipes coconut cooking creole desserts easy home cooking food health healthy eating home cooking recipes Meats Miscellaneous Pasta Places to Visit preserves provision recipe recipes recipies Rice dishes Sauces Seafood simply trini cooking slide Soups trini trini cooking trini creole trinidad Trinidad and Tobago trinidad christmas recipes Trinidad cooking trinidad dictionary trinidad recipes Trini Dictionary trini fish recipe trini recipes vegetables Vegetarian vegetarian cooking west indian cooking