A Tawa (tawah) or Platin is similar to a griddle. It is another cast iron cooking utensil that a Trini cannot do without. It is used for making bake and roti (and for me a good substitute for baking pizza). They come in various sizes as well. The larger ones are used for making buss-up-shut ( paratha roti) for weddings and other large occasions.
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
- Cocoa Cake June 17, 2013
- 10 Popular Brain Foods June 13, 2013
- A Simple Bean Salad June 12, 2013
- Provision Salad June 10, 2013
- Five Ways Food Can Damage Health June 8, 2013
- Buss up Shut (Paratha Roti) September 8, 2008
- Pholourie September 22, 2008
- Trinidad Sponge Cake December 24, 2008
- Dhal Puri Roti October 28, 2008
- Trinidad Cornmeal Pastelle November 29, 2008
appetizers beverages breads caribbean cooking Caribbean recipes coconut cooking cooking utensils creole desserts divali recipes easy home cooking food GFCF recipes health healthy eating home cooking recipes meats Miscellaneous pasta Places to Visit preserves provision recipe recipes rice dishes sauces seafood simply trini cooking slide soups trini trini cooking trini creole Trinidad and Tobago trinidad christmas recipes Trinidad cooking trinidad dictionary trinidad recipes trini dictionary trini fish recipe trini recipes vegetarian vegetarian cooking west indian cooking